The Smashing Pumpkins Collage Smashing Pumpkins.Com
The Smashing Pumpkins HeartDisarm you with a smile and cut you like you want me to cut that little child inside of me and such a part of you.The Smashing Pumpkins HeartDisarm you with a smile and leave you like they left me here to wither in denial the bitterness of one who's left alone.The Smashing Pumpkins Heart

Wednesday, August 16, 2006



The Smashing PumpkinsThe Smashing PumpkinsThe Smashing PumpkinsThe Smashing PumpkinsThe Smashing Pumpkins

Pumpkin Whatever it is that you will see or hear or read from all the things presented in this site which does not conform with your principles in life or your personal beliefs even with your musical understanding, has nothing to do with the integrity of my spiritual direction. I'm just visiting the old days and I thought that maybe, you too were part of the musical beauty and wonders of the past, and that somehow from all of this, we'll find each other and connect the string which were once cut and partly forgotten because of all the years that passed and hoping you'll try to relate with the music and stuffs written here and in a way help you in remembering some old friends, families, faded loves, people, places and events. Enjoy your stay! Pumpkin

The Church

As I've said yesterday, I'd go looking for some materials about Australia's No.1 rockwave band and found two of their finest songs in the 80's. I once had the album of this songs where it was taken. The 1981(Europe release) and 1982(US release) album "The Church" and 1988 album "Starfish" and of course, 1985 "Heyday." But I can't find a single song from "Heyday," so I ended up in two songs, "The Unguarded Moment" off "The Church" and "Under The Milky Way" off "Starfish." I remember Vig's band "Caffeine" cranked this songs some years ago. Anyway, here it is as promised yesterday.

Recent News: "The rows of chairs on the floor should have been a tipoff. The New York stop on the current U.S. tour by Australian sparkling-guitar band the Church – on August 10th at Irving Plaza, where it is usually standing or dancing or nothing – would not be the usual twang and levitation. In fact, the only electric guitar on stage all night was Steve Kilbey’s Fender bass, while guitarists Peter Koppes and Marty Willson-Piper left their trademark Stratocasters and Rickenbackers in storage for this trip, instead using a variety of six- and twelve-string acoustics, supplemented by mandolin, Koppes’ occasional Dylanesque blowing on a harmonica and a guest harpist. But drummer Tim Powles played a regular kit, with characteristic force. And there was a compelling, climbing momentum to the night that was electric in all but the amp count and climaxed in the encore – to the audience’s grateful disbelief – with the first-ever live reading in New York of the Church’s 1981 jangling gem, “The Unguarded Moment.”

This tour, which ends August 20th in San Francisco, is a traveling version of the Church’s 2004 album, El Momento Descuidado, on which the band revisited songs from their quarter-century catalog in acoustic form. Many of those were in the set tonight , including “Tristesse,” from 1985’s Heyday and the Church’s solo American hit single, 1988’s “Under the Milky Way.” Tonight, the group expanded that conceit, unplugging tracks from its fine, new electric record, Uninvited, Like the Clouds (“Block,” “Day 5”). Kilbey also paid tribute to Grant McLennan of fellow Aussies the Go-Betweens, who died on May 6th, with a version of “Providence,” from the 1991 album the two made together as Jack Frost.

The Church are, at heart and their best, psychedelic electricians, and their full-volume shows in recent years have been ringing endorsements for their stubborn longevity. But these stripped-back arrangements – virtually “Elizabethan,” as Kilbey wisecracked at one point – showed how the Church continue to excel as writers as well as janglers. And don’t fret: There was still plenty of reverb."


The Church Vinyl

The Unguarded Moment
The Church

So hard finding inspiration
I knew you'd find me crying
Tell those girls with rifles for minds
That their jokes don't make me laugh
They only make me feel like dying
In an unguarded moment

So long, long between mirages
I knew you'd find me drinking
Tell those men with horses for hearts
That their jibes don't make me bleed
They only make me feel like shrinking
In an unguarded moment

So deep, deep without a meaning
I knew you'd find me leaving
Tell those friends with cameras for eyes
That their hands don't make me hang
They only make me feel like breathing
In an unguarded moment




The Church

Under The Milky Way
The Church

Sometimes when this place gets kind of empty
Sound of their breath fades with the light
I think about the loveless fascination
Under the Milky Way tonight

Lower the curtain down on Memphis
Lower the curtain down all right
I got no time for private consultation
Under the Milky Way tonight

Wish I knew what you were looking for
Might have known what you would find

And it's something quite peculiar
Something shimmering and white
Leads you here despite your destination
Under the Milky Way tonight

Wish I knew what you were looking for
Might have known what you would find
Wish I knew what you were looking for
Might have known what you would find

Under the Milky way tonight..
Under the Milky Way tonight...




Starfish Vinyl

Send Me Email

Hour Record holder Chris BoardmanHour Record holder Chris BoardmanHour Record holder Chris Boardman